If you would like to request the complete evidence book, simply fill out the form below and one of our research staff will be in contact with you shortly.
FearFighter™ has over 15 scientific studies and reports proving its effectiveness, including 4 RCTs.
Complete List of Evidence
- Cuijpers P., et al. (2009). Computer-Aided psychotherapy for anxiety disorders: A meta-analytic review. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Vol 38, No 2, pp. 66–82, 2009.
- Gega, L., Marks, I., and Matais-Cols, D. (2004). Computer-aided CBT self-help for anxiety and depressive disorders: Experience of a London clinic and future directions. London University. JCLP/In Session, Vol. 60(2), 147–157. Available online: Wiley InterScience (www.interscience.wiley.com). DOI: 10.1002/jclp.10241
- Gega, L., Norman, I.J., and Marks, I.M., (2007). Computer-aided vs. tutor-delivered teaching of exposure therapy for phobia/panic: Randomized controlled trial with pre-registration nursing students. Elsevier Ltd. Science Direct.International Journal of Nursing Studies 44 (2007) 397–405. Available online: www.elsevier.com/locate/ijnurstu
- Gega, L., Kenwright, M., Mataix-Cols, M., Cameron, R., and Marks, I. (2005). Screening People With Anxiety/Depression for Suitability for Guided Self-help. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Vol 34, No 1, pp. 16–21, 2005.
- Hayward, L., MacGregor, A.D., Pack, D. and Wilkes, P., (2007). The feasibility and effectiveness of computer-guided CBT (FearFighter) in a rural area. British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies.
Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy, 2007, 35, 409–419.
- Kaltenthaler, E. et al. (2006). Computerised cognitive behaviour therapy for depression and anxiety update: a systematic review and economic evaluation. Health Technology Assessment 2006; Vol. 10: No. 33
- Kaltenthaler, E. et al. (2006). Computerised cognitive behaviour therapy for depression and anxiety update: a systematic review and economic evaluation. “Executive Summary”. Health Technology Assessment 2006; Vol. 10: No. 33
- Kenwright, M., Liness, S., and Marks, I.M., (2001). Reducing demons on clinicians by offering computer-aided self-help for phobia/panic: Feasibility study. BRITISH JOURNAL OF PSYCHIATRY, 179, 456-459.
- Kenwright, M., Marks, I.M., Gega, L. and Mataix-Cols, D., (2004). Computer-aided self-help for phobia/panic via internet at home: a pilot study. BRITISH JOURNAL OF PSYCHIATRY 184, 448-449.
- MacGregor, A.D., and Hayward, L., (2009). Empirically grounded clinical interventions Ccients’ and referrers’ perceptions of computer-guided CBT (FearFighter). Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy, 2009, 37, 1–9.
- Marks, I.M. et al. (2009) ‘Meta-Analysis of Computer-Aided Psychotherapy: Problems and Partial Solutions’. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, 38: 2, 83 — 90. Available online: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/16506070802675239
- Marks, I.M. et al. (1998). Home self-assessment of obsessive-compulsive disorder
Use of a manual and a computer-conducted telephone
interview:twoUK-US studies. British Journal of Psychiatry. 172, 406-412.
- Marks, I.M. et al. (2003). Pragmatic evaluation of computer-aided self-help for anxiety and depression. British Journal of Psychiatry: 183, 57-65.
- Marks, I.M. et al. (2004). Saving clinicians’ time by delegating routine aspects of therapy to a computer: a randomized controlled trial in phobia/panic disorder. Cambridge University Press. Psychological Medicine, 2004, 34, 9–18.
- Mataix-Cols, D., Cameron, R., Gega, L. Kenwright, M., and Marks, I.M. (2006). Effect of referral source on outcome with cognitive-behavior therapy self-help. Comprehensive Psychiatry 47 (2006) 241–245. Available online: www.elsevier.com/locate/comppsych
- Mataix-Cols, D. et al. (2005). Reliability and validity of the Work and Social Adjustment Scale in phobic disorders. Comprehensive Psychiatry 46 (2005) 223 – 228.
- McCrone, P., Marks, I. M., Mataix-Cols, D., Kenwright, M. and McDonough, M.(2009). Computer- Aided Self-Exposure Therapy for Phobia/Panic Disorder: A Pilot Economic Evaluation. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. Available online: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/16506070802561074
- McDonough, M. and Marks, I.M. (2002). Teaching medical students exposure therapy for phobia/ panic – randomized, controlled comparison of face-to-face tutorial in small groups vs. solo computer instruction. Blackwell Science Ltd MEDICAL EDUCATION 2002;36:412–417.
- Marks, I., Cavanagh, K., and Gega, L. (2006). HANDS-ON HELP: COMPUTER-AIDED PSYCHOTHERAPY. Psychology Press, Routledge appearing April 2007
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. (2006). Computerised cognitive behaviour therapy for depression and anxiety: Review of Technology Appraisal 51. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Available online: www.nice.org.uk/TA097
- Schneider, A.J, Mataix-Cols, D., Marks, I.M., and Backofen, M., (2005). Internet-guided self-help with or without exposure therapy for phobic and panic disorders: A randomised controlled trial.Psychother Psychosom 2005;74:154–164.